Some notes on my week in Seattle:
- Seattle is green. Literally. There are so many plants. Everywhere. The plant life is so hardcore. It’s like, oh you want to put a sidewalk there, you think that’s gonna stop us? Bam. Covered with moss. You can’t beat us, so you might as well stop trying.
- I think there may be some kind of city ordinance requiring everyone to have rosemary bushes in their front yards.
- It is incredibly inspiring (and also fun) to be surrounded by so many people who want to geek out about the same things as you do.
- We created a “geography bingo” game in which you had to spot things like cargo pants (so easy), to more difficult things like meeting and then having a shot with David Harvey. (Photo documentation was required. We eventually decided that if anyone achieved it they would automatically win. Everything.)
- A few nights we hung out with some fellows from Seattle and they were kind enough to not laugh (just some eye rolling) when we toasted to Tobler’s Law.
- So much good beer. Some of my favorites were Elysian's Mens Room Red and Ninkasi's Total Domination IPA and Spring Reign Ale.
- And lastly, I’d like to inform Seattle, WA, you have just been added to the very exclusive places I’d consider living list.